11.2.08

The Grammy Reaction

So i just finished fast forwarding through the Grammys!

A few reactions for the masses.

- Carrie Underwood and the people from Stomp! What kind of mini-skirt is she wearing. Why can't she hit her low notes?!? But she does look good in that weird S&M inspired, black outfit, but dammit girl, COY does not work at the Grammys. No performance. No intensity. Lame..

- I never realized I missed Morris Day and the Time before they came back and played with Rihanna. ela,ela,ela,eh,eh,eh,eh

- Cirque Du Soleil and the Beatles Music. Makes absolutely no sense. Looks amazing. And the Girl spinning on the ropes has massive arms. Small but massive.

- Kanye West HIJACKS the Grammy's with Daft Punk and their KICK ASS performance of Stronger. Even better then the Album version. Way better. Watch it on YOU TUBE.

- Kanye sings HEY MAMA and makes Carrie Underwood cry. And, yeah, I got a little lumpy too.

- Fast Forwarding is AMAZING!

- Tina Turner! She's wearing her outfit from the THUNDERDOME!

- Kanye West wins best Rap Album. Kanye West's PR guy/team better not have heart conditions. (I bet he made them all bald.) Kanye West talks over the music to cue him off stage. Makes shout outs to Common and Amy Whinehouse. Tells Common to put his CD out in a different year then a Kanye Year. Kanye starts talking to his deceased Mama. He tells the Music people that it's really rude for them to be playing it over his speech to his Mama. Tells his Mama that he is going to become the NUMBER 1 MUSIC ARTIST in the world. Kanye alternates between sincere and selfish. PR people quit.

- (Alicia Keyes. I really really like Alicia Keyes. I didn't even really like her music at first, I just liked her. Now I like her music. So let's talk about NO ONE. It one an award tonight. When I first heard NO ONE. I was like really, this is your 1st single of your new record. With it's massive drum beat covering the piano line and her voice singing over it. I was like yeah, it's alright. But then I listened to the simple words and was like okay. And then I found myself humming the damn chorus. Which is like 4 words and how the heck does she enunciate like that. Anyway. After about 10 listens I found I loved the frickin song. It's so darn hopeful )
Anyway, The Grammys. Alicia Keyes turns no one from a POP SONG into a POP EPIC. This performance was amazing. I didn't think anyone was going to top Kanye. Alicia did it. It was the same song, but it felt so much more powerful.

- Amy Whinehouse sings she aint gonna go back to REHAB! Triumphant. Amy Whinehouse being introduced by CUBA GOODING JR. Venemous! Are the Grammy Producers trying to curse the poor girl. Evil times indeed.

- I feel like I've known Dave Grohl my whole life. Is he up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year?

- And to wrap things up, I fastforwarded through the last hour of the Grammys, stopped in on a few performers meant for my parents and grandparents, naw... and then got to the Album of the Year. Herbie Hancock! Herbie Hancock wins! Every Rap Artist was like Ahhhhhhhh Sheeyyyaaatttt...Kanye didn't win! (50 Cent chuckles).

No comments: