27.2.08

The Cleanse

Hola Amigos!

Last Saturday (at some point) I decided that I should go on a cleanse. I was feeling sluggish and tired and sinusy and slow and felt like since in California Winter should be ending soon, that I should cleanse for spring.

And no, it's not the Honey/lemon cleanse. No, it's a Go Back to Nature Cleanse. No coffee, no black tea, no bread, no cheese and no meat. Just fruits, vegetables, oats and tea.

Day 1. I was hungry as spit. All day. And then at night I had a tomato broth and it really hurt my stomach, acids or something went crazy!

Day 2. I went crazy. I thought I was turning into a vegetable. I had some oats before Yoga and then felt pretty good. Those amazing organic oats! But after yoga class, I left the building to the fantastic smell of Italian food. I had one of those Ratatouille moments, where all I could see was a mountain of chicken,eggplant parmesan and fried mozzarella and bread! I regained composure and went home only to find my roommate, eating Salad with Caesar dressing and he was making garlic toast and his friend had dropped off cake and chocolate donut bites. It just wasn't fair. But it wasn't worse then the Italian food. I had tomato broth and snow peas.

Day 3. Today. I can't say for sure if I feel better. I'm very tired, kind of numb, and I had a dream that I was on the X-Men and I had Iceman's powers. And by the way that is kind of awesome. I will try to describe this dream later.

Anyway, today I will attempt to again be good and not crack. This is the ultimate test of will power. Er, okay maybe not the ultimate, but it's still hard.

No comments: