5.2.09

U2 Puts on their Sexy Boots - WTF?

Alright, so for a few weeks now I've been wrestling with U2's new song "Get on Your Boots".

Link below

http://goyb.u2.com/

It's weird and on first CLOSE REALLY CLOSE MICROSCOPIC INSPECTION. Absolutely Terrible. Like, WTF? is U2 thinking. Like really. Even when I'd read, it gets better with time, I was like but "IT'S TERRIBLE." Even Mike, my U2 compadre was like, "Dude, they should've left this off the album. WTF?:

So of course, a few weeks later, I'd be turned around on this song. It was during the Super Bowl, and this song was playing under some commercial and I was like, well, ok, it's alright, and today, I've been just chilling and was like let me put it on and see what I think again, and I was reading while it was on and I was like you know what, this isn't too bad, it has it's thing going. And it is definitely different from other U2 songs.

And I mean really, is it worse then "Elevation" or "Love And Peace or Else." And I'm like NO, it's not. It's better then those songs, it's not "Vertigo" but it's also not the first SONG on the album, like Vertigo, it's the 6th song, so it should at least be as good as 6th song on their last album, which was "All Because Of You." And "All Because of You" is a decent song, with an absolutely terrible Chorus which makes me cringe (although it is much better in concert.)

So "Get On Your Boots" is at least as Good as that, and it might be better, but it does point to do a different sound for U2's next CD. Then the real question is known, Will we like this new sound?

No comments: