9.2.09

The Grammy's: An Odd Pairing

Yawn... Oh, right I'm supposed to be fast forwarding through the Grammy's. Wait, are the commercial's more interesting. Oh geez...

Okay. Some Thoughts.

- U2 Perform "Get on Your Boots" - Hmm... Maybe Rachel is right?

- Coldplay - Chris Martin is doing "Lost?" by himself. Cool. Good song. OH NO... And here comes Jay-Z to ruin in it. Ok. I think I need to make a protest. Whenever JAY Z raps on something that doesn't belong to him, it's crap. His words are terrible. He compares Chris Martin to Michael Jackson. (well if I think about that it might be funny, I mean he was dressed like Michael last night.) but really, really, other than the memorable speed burst on that Linkin' Park mashup, Jay-Z has crap to say on other people's records, damn those lyrics weren't even that good. i think the only guesting I really remember liking was his work on Beyonce's "Crazy in Love." And I'm sure he was feeling really inspired for that one.

- Coldplay Part 2 - Watching Chris Martin sing "Viva La Vida" was slightly painful. First off. It was like he was karaoke-ing his own song. He sounded terrible. And he was moving around like a Worm. Again. Chris Martin is not cool. And sometimes I think he thinks he's cool and sometimes It looks like he's reveling in his uncoolness and it hurts me. It's also weird to see how the BAND was playing really well and he just didn't seem to match them. He couldn't even harmonize with them.

- The Jonas Brothers with Stevie Wonder - Okay, so I make myself clear, for ANYBODY who thinks that the Jonas Brothers have REAL Talent, please watch this performance and take note. When Stevie Wonder plays Piano, Sings, and uses the awesome Vocoder THE SONG REALLY ROCKS, but when you watch The JONAS BROTHERS TRY TO SING "Superstition" The SONG BECOMES CRAP. I mean do the math people. REALLY! And I'll at least credit the youngest and oldest for playing instruments and kind of singing at the same time, BUT THE YOUNGEST. For real, his talent, along with only being able to kind of sing, is fitting into skinny pants.

Steve Wonder deserves better then this. (I think, well at least his songs do.)

- Paul McCartney. Go. Home. I'm not buying.

- And the award for the most painful pairing of the night. Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. Now on paper, I can see how this might seem like a great idea. OMG. Like how cool would it b? OMG. No. Taylor Swift sings like she's standing on her balcony under the stars, and Miley sings like SHE'S on VH1 DIVAS 2015. She even does the hand thing, and she makes that pained face when she's not really trying to hard so she just looks stupid. Like anyway if you listen to their music, they stand so far apart, beside genres, they like Stand for everything the other seems to hate. So odd. And then Miley tries to high five Taylor afterwards and Taylor kind of looks at her hand and then thinks oh yeah, I'm supposed to high five her. Right. And then she does it. Awful.

-Sugarland - YAY. They are awesome. Oh, but damn, Jennifer Nettles is doing the pained face thing. Dammit. Whatever. YAY

- Justin Timberlake & T.I. Uh. Okay. This is boring. Skip.

- Oh no. The attack of Jaime Foxx's Sunglasses. AHHHHHH. Skip.

- Katy Perry - Uh. Wow. She sucks at singing live. Uh. But. Well, did those girls just pull of their jackets. Whoa. The camera cuts to the Jonas Brothers in the front row. They all look like they have to go to the bathroom.

- RADIOHEAD!!! with the USC marching BAND. "15 Steps." Wow. This is what a real rockstar looks like. A Spasmatic Gypsy Witch. Thom Yorke is possessed and loving it. The USC marching band is loving it. Johnny Greenwood play guitar good. Wow. That was awesome. Why haven't I seen them live. Suck it Coldplay.

There were more performances that night, but I just decided to stop after this. I'm sure I forgot something, but I just usually skipped it if it was boring. Oh yeah. Carrie Underwood. Boring. Skip. There. I think that wraps it up.

Skip.

No comments: