22.2.09

The Perils of Running

So today I got hit by a car. But I'm okay. I was running down Franklin, crossing a little street with a light. I had the walk sign. And this car stopped in front of the cross street, this frickin Prius, he stopped and then decided to try to SPEED through the red light to make a right hand turn before oncoming traffic stopped him. He looked left, but did not look straight or right, which was where I was.

Now, I don't know how many of you have run like 5 miles or so, but when you do, you start to bug out a little, and when cars are coming towards you, you start to think, what would you do if they actually came at you. And many times I've thought, well I would just jump up and try to run on their hood.

A few months ago, I almost had to do this because this lady charged at me, but I was able to jump away before it hit me.

Today, I was not so lucky, this Prius, this frickin Prius, roared to life from it's stopped position and as it came towards me, I jumped up, planted my hand on his hood, ran over it and jumped off.

The Dude, freaked out, total panic stricken. He was totally shocked and like waving his hands all over the place, which I think is the universal sign for "OMG I DIDN'T. I DON'T. OMG. WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? ARE YOU OKAY? PLEASE DEAR GOD DON'T SUE ME."

I kind of stared at him, smirked, but not happily, shook my head, put my hand up and screamed, "Dude, you HAVE GOT TO LOOK BETTER."

He nodded and drove off.

And then I thought, wait, did I really just do that. Fuck. And then I thought, did you know that the car was going to come at you, and I thought, well I thought he might come at me, and then I was like, dammit, you really are a moron...

Anyway, I pulled my groan a little and went on running, I had another 7 miles to run. Which I did run.

No comments: