13.10.08

The Asian Adventure Part 9: U too can be a nut.

So a few hours ago, I almost puked. I, like, had a Matrix moment, where that one dude Cypher looks at Neo after he's just awoken outside of the Matrix and is like "He's gonna pop." Well, I almost popped.

U see, I arrived at the Cosmic Guest house in Mirador Mansion. I did my research, here's the lonely planet page:

http://hotels.lonelyplanet.com/hotel/Hong-Kong-Cosmic-Guest-House-P132873.html

Nice. Nice. Here is a peek at it on Youtube: And please disregard the Narrator, I think he's a moron, and no this is not the Chungking Mansion (the one from the Wong KarWai movie, that's down the street and dingier)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEH69Fh1EII&feature=related

Yuck right.

So I get my room, and I'm like Okay. IT's the size of a prison cell. Good times. yeah there is AC and a mini-plasma TV. So I'm like Okay. Hmmm... it's a little warm in here. I go to the AC and turn it down. Yay, I'm sure it gets really cold.

I go get some lunch. Indian Food. Good stuff!!! Walk around. The Cloud cover makes the entire city look dingy. Why did I come here, I wonder.

I go back. Ugh, one you take your room key out of the card holding spot, it turns the AC off. Shit. So I put the card back in, electricity comes on, the AC kicks to life, I turn it up to full blast and turn it all the way down.

Now here's where shit gets wonky. I kind of decide to go to sleep, and I wake up and I'm like real hot. Like ugh, sticky, feel terrible. I look around and the walls are seriously closing in. That's where the stomach gag reflex starts to kick in, I'm like AHHHH!! I cannot throw up. I go back to sleep. I start to confuse dreams with life, and start to think that we have to film another band tonight, and how can we put a band in a place like this, this is terrible. It's so hot. ACK!

I wake up. Think for a second. And then I get my Yoga mindset on. Okay, take deep breaths. This is like a prison cell. You can get the hang of this. It's going to be okay. We aren't working. We're not doing anything. You will be okay, you only have to be here for three days, and then... wait no AND THEN. It's like right now. Everything is amazing. Get up and look at the AC maybe you have a setting wrong.

And there you have it. I had a setting wrong. See I kept turning it down, like 1 to 10 and I kept setting it closer to 1. The problem with that, and I'm sure most of you would have figured this out sooner, is that I was really thinking that 10 would be Heat, and seriously why the HELL WOULD THERE BE HEAT HERE!!! FOR REAL!!! HEAT!!! So I turned the fucker back up to 10 and it is now seriously cold in here and I feel amazing. And the world is beautiful and maybe tomorrow Hong Kong will be beautiful, and I will have gotten a full nights sleep.

Anyway, Keeping on Truckin Cowboys and Cowgirls, I'll still be up when you wake up!

Willis

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL

Sounds awesome. I watched the youtube video... I think that room is smaller than a jail cell!

And what's with the bathroom - shower. I'm confused. Is it like two-for-one? You can just like stand on the toilet and shower with the shower head thingy?

Will Gong said...

Ha... well.. the place I'm staying is a little nicer then the one in the video. Actually it's like if that was the Howard Johnson I'm staying in the Holiday inn. See... in most of these rooms you get a shower over your toilet. But in my room I've got a little wall that divides my shower and toilet/sink thing. It's a good time anyways...