29.4.08

This is It!

Well Friends, if the Wizards lose tonight then I get to go back to blogging about real life. I can talk about the wonderful things, like Yoga, deep breathing, taking baths, um... drinking whiskey? Yeah, tough times here at the Journal. Tonight is the PIVOTAL, and when I say pivotal, I mean PIVOTAL, like with !!!!... This game could very well determine the future of the Wizards team and brains and minds and fan's lives, and no I'm not being dramatic. This game is so important that Abe Pollin, the ailing 84 year old Owner of the team, went to the locker room to give the team some words of wisdom; he told them to go out there and win one for themselves and for their families, and least of all for him. Man, you know I've watched Abe Pollin in his twilight years, since I've been a fan, and that dude is like the nicest guy you will ever meet, and I haven't even met him, but you know he kind of reminds me of the sweet kindly old man you just want to sit down at a dinner with and have milkshakes and chit chat, and he's now struggling with a crippling disease... good dude.

Well, Steve Nash, of the recently eliminated Phoenix Suns said before the game, this is really about having fun, just some guys on a court playing their favorite game. Those words did not work for Steve, I'd love to believe they'll work for the Wizards, but who knows... well I know who knows... his name is Soulja Boy!

I'll be back tomorrow to either write up the Obituary or offer some words of praise...

Laters!

1 comment:

Kevin Baker said...

How do you like them apples?