12.4.08

A Fine Art Lost

Like for real. How hard is it to make a cappuccino? It's half milk and half foam. If I wanted a latte, I would order one. I don't know about ya'll but when I go to Starbucks, which has the best expresso, and I order a cappuccino, I'm constantly in fear of the hand off, that moment when they are finished making the drink and they put it on the bar or in my hand. My eyes grow large, or as large as they can grow, and I reach out and ughhh.... it's too heavy. They made me a fucking latte and they're telling me it's a cappuccino.

I remember when I was  a barista at Starbucks and had to make expresso drinks. I used to pack the expresso into the machine and pray that when I put the milk in it would be right, maybe it's because I'm a perfectionist, I don't know. But what I really think happened is that ever since the introduction of the expresso machine, that allows Baristas to just hit a button to make the expresso, way back in 2001, a fine art was lost, and all the baristas of the Starbucks world, they have it easy now, they're more automaton then artist (ones programmed to make bad cappuccinos), and honestly I don't think we're ever going to see that come back.

So in other words, arg...

No comments: