15.4.08

the long weekend

Oh how long does it take to recover from a trip to Las Vegas?

I really don't know. But I do know what happened. In order.

Saturday. Woke up at 6:00 am. Got out of bed a 6:50 am. Got a bad cappuccino. Drove to Las Vegas. Arrived around 12:30. Walked a lot. Saw fake many fake Elvis's. Ate Expensive Hamburger from female body builder, with fruity drink. Decided never to drink fruity drinks again. Walked more. Hung out at pool. Realized Tropicana Pool is not as good as Hard Rock Pool, always wondered where "these People" went when they came to Vegas. Had a mango margarita. Realized Mango and Margarita should not go together for me anymore. Took a 1 minute nap. Suited up. Hutson looked a mafioso bouncer. Bad Ass! Not sure what I looked like. My pinky toe hurt. We went to Mamma Mia! Hey! It was like being a girls slumber party with really good singers. Realized I wanted to teach High School Drama. And No! not for those reasons. Had expresso shots. Went to Rum Jungle in Mandalay Bay. Started drinking Hennessy. Yummy aftertaste. Who knew. Saw some guys from work, or at least they work with work. They were drunk, but happy. Got seated a half hour after reservation time. Waiter was on crack. Like an animated Simpson's character or maybe the devil. Racked up huge bill. Did I say huge bill. I meant huge bill. Ate lots of good brazillian steak and all kinds of other good stuff. Drank more Hennessy. Kevin and Sarah, Hutson's friends showed up. Good times. Lights came down. Music went up. Girls went up into cages. They danced. It was hot. Then we danced. Good to see friends dance. Dancing is hot. Lots of hot freaky girls dancing with themselves in mirrors. Not my scene, but I thought about it. Could not force self to ask girls to dance. Drank Wild Turkey shots. Good times. Asked a girl to dance. She wasn't in to it. But I felt triumphant. First time I've ever done that. For real. Taxied back to the Tropicana. Decided to go to the after hours club, if you want to know the name ask. It was like all crazy, Sodom & Gamo... (EDITED OUT). I was back in the Taxi. Driver, eastern european, kind of like Spider-Man's landlord, asked me if I wanted to go to the Massage Parlor. Massage Parlor? Good times with the happy ending? I said no. I already had good times. Pocket book empty. Gotta buy my mom new teeth. Driver was sad. No extra tip for him. We got hit from behind. Driver got out. Cursed in foreign language. Bad man driver took off. Left us in the middle of the road. I filled out a form. Fell asleep. 45 minutes later. Another taxi took me home. Stumbled into Hotel. How are they still gambling? Don't they sleep. Went to sleep at 5:45. Woke up at 8:50 AM. Drove home. Ate McDonalds. Had coffee. Sang smaltzy love songs. Got to Hutson and Tracy's place around 2 PM. Fell asleep. End trip. End life. 2 days later still tired, but I had to get this down. Vegas = Great times - Lots of money, but always worth it.

And yes. I did not gamble. I like to get something out of what I spend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow... one hellava trip!! Sounds like you had a great time! with some crazy moments! hehehe. what were you there for? just to get away for the weekend? crazy crazy. overall, yay! but not yay that you're still feeling it 2 days later... hope you recover soon! =)