20.8.09

Will Gong Journal - A New Look: A New Mindset

So recently I've been thinking a whole lot about patterns and change. Patterns in my life, in my head, roads I've taken, the things I think, and whatnot. Which is probably why I blogged about schemas a little while ago. And then change, not just for change sake, but for your life's sake.
And what I've decided is that, like, we really do have control over our lives and if we can find focus we can change some of the patterns that we may start to feel like we've outgrown, or are holding us back from going towards what we need and what want. I think I've waffled on the issue depending on my mood, but I've definitely decided that we can change our patterns. Life isn't hopeless, no matter what we think. We can go after what we want, and we can let go off what isn't serving us. We just have to focus, and really, really want it, because the path of the new can be potentially painful, especially during setbacks.
I figure, I just know so many people who have broken free of painful patterns and strived for what they really needed recently. It's awesome and it's inspiring, to be reminded of the fact.

No comments: