5.8.09

Ameritrek 2009: Pre-Production Blog 1

With Pre-Production beginning on Ameritrek 2009, I have 25 days left to prepare for the big day. And the amount tasks required to go is daunting. Mostly because work is so hectic right now. I'm working on like 3 fracking projects right now! And just trying to get some good sleep in is hard, but you know some things need to happen, like for instance:

- Getting a good pair of sunglasses.
- Getting my Car's AC working, and getting a pretty good check up.
- Seeing GI Joe, Inglourious Bastards, District 9, and probably (500) days of Summer (again.)
- Getting a new backpacking pack (Damn Straps!)
- Figuring out my budget (this is not a feature film where you can go WAY OVER BUDGET and just not tell anybody, alternatively, I'd hate to fire myself and never beable to work again, and yeah, I know I combined be and able, but I'm just way too lazy to go back and fix it.)
- Getting a new laptop battery. (I'm getting about 20 minutes of battery power at this point.)

But, on the bright side I have a schedule now. Here's some of the highlights.

- 20 Locations in 2 months, including 12 days in the East Coast.
- Seeing many friends I have not seen in YEARS!!! (And some friends I saw last month.)
- Blog updates about the different kinds of yoga that I plan on hitting up.
- Scheduling in a good 2 or 3 hours of writing every day, and sometimes in extremely beautiful locations.
- Singing in the car at the top of my lunges, in the most beautiful locations (See the pattern.)
- Being with my Brother when he has his second child (he would probably say, showing off his new jet ski.)

Next up, I need to mail out my Calender to a few friends that might be interested in hitting up a leg or two of the trip, (if I were you I'd do the Nashville, New Orleans leg, (seriously. For Real.) )

I also have to tell my roommate that I just don't have the energy to sublet the place so he's going to have the whole apartment to himself for 2 months (there is something criminal about it, I almost want to saddle him with a 45 year old divorced male actor moving here from Wisconsin, but you know that would be spiteful, and I'm just too tired for spiteful right now.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL

Will scores 10 points in the roommate box score!

No 45 year old divorced male actor. S-w-e-e-t!

Unknown said...

how thoughtful of you to be so considerate of your roommate. good thing you're tired for gabe's sake, lol