8.9.08

Election '08: 011

Inside the John McCain war room:

The Campaign Advisor walks into a room where a young, sweaty, Speech Copy Writer taps at his keyboard.

Campaign Advisor: Look, we like what you've been doing so far, but we still don't think we're getting our message across. We are "Small Town" and we are "Change."

Copy Writer: Well, I'm trying. You've seen my "Small town" ads and you've seen my "Change" ads.

Campaign Advisor: But we want you to tie them together.

Copy Writer: Look, I'm doing the best I can. Okay. But you can't blend two inconsistent political messages together. It's not easy. I have to be subtle.

Campaign Advisor: Since when did we have to be subtle. We're Republicans.

Copy Writer: What do you want me to say?

Campaign Advisor: No, you're the one we're paying all this money to.

Copy Writer: Fine, okay, how 'bout something like.

"Change" is like a cool breeze blowing across your cheek as you watch a small town football game.

Campaign Advisor: I don't want a fucking poem!

Copy Writer: Okay...

We're bringing you "Change" Maverick Style!

Campaign Advisor: Yeah! But wait, where's the small town...

Copy Writer: Well how 'bout this.

This Fall, the party of Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Reagan, brings you "Change". Small town politics hits the city of D.C. and kicks its ass.

Vote John McCain: Because Tom Cruise was a little bitch compared to this real Maverick!

Campaign Advisor: It needs a little work, but we're getting somewhere now.

No comments: