3.9.08

And Your Vice Presidential Nominee is...

Hey Friends,

I'd like to talk a little about Sarah Palin, who I've recently begun to mention here on the blog, which I'm sure at some point somebody will probably try to shut down, (really? Will? Really? Aren't you a little paranoid? Isn't this like the age of the blog?)

Anyway, after tonight speech from Sarah Palin and all the newspapers declaring "Sarah Palin electrifies the Republican Party." I thought I'd talk about my reactions to the Palin nomination.

First off, I was at the gym the morning of the announcement, and I was on the treadmill when I looked up at the dozens of televisions set to CNN and other news outlets. Here's my reaction:

"What!?! Holy Shit?!? I can't believe it! That crafty son of a bitch. Oh. Well done Mr. McCain. Way to make this interesting!"

Now, I've mentioned some of the funnier aspects of Sarah Palin, and you know, we've all talked about how she was such a terrible choice and what not. But here's the thing. Sarah Palin terrifies me. There is something cold, dark, and calculated in her little eyes. Something of that Lady MacBeth type ambition and drive that people always spoke about with Hilary Clinton, but I never quite felt from her. I feel that with Sarah Palin.

She's the manipulative popular girl in school. The pretty one that would change subtly from class to class in order to get the favor the teacher, and if you were in enough of those classes you would start to see how she could play them all like a fricken violin. This isn't a Tracy Flick (From the film "Election.") like character, who would do anything, no matter how ridiculous to win, no this was a girl that was so cunning at getting what she wanted that you would never ever see the strain, the work. A girl more in the vain of "All About Eve."

Regardless of all this hypothesizing, the nomination of Sarah Palin, is just the type of thing that could convince a party that was beginning to implode, to fray at the cracks, to believe that they might be ready for change, that they still showed the way for the future, and get them to believe and get them to vote for her. Because believe me, the Republican party for sure knows that they're party base consititently votes a HELL OF A LOT more then the Democratic party, and they sure as hell are more reliable then the Obama's youth fan base, and potential minority grabs.

Hopefully, now, everyone takes Sarah Palin seriously, because if they don't the confident Democratic party will fail to get Obama elected, and that would be catastrophic for the party, for the base, and could cause severe changes with the way that that party functions and puts their future at risk, and some other really really bad stuff that I'd love to throw into this never ending run on sentence.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that the Democrats need to take this Woman seriously and start to fricken fight and work hard and not fuck around, because the Republicans aren't, they believe the future is theirs, and me, I'll keep trying to find funny things to talk about here on the blog about my life, and about this election, and about other people, because that's what I do, and if I can also make fun of Republicans I might as well, and as for Sarah Palin, well, I did mention earlier that kind of girl in high school, (and ya'll know somebody like this, I know you do) if I can sling a few eggs her way, YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT I AM GOING TO.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very right my friend. She's easy to make fun of but shouldn't be taken lightly. The republicans aren't dumb.

"She's the manipulative popular girl in school." - TOTALLY! LOL

Anonymous said...

She epitomizes (sp?) everything I abhor in society....If we vote her into office, we deserve to be killed off (meaning all humans) via destroying the environment...