26.1.08

Bessie the Beast

There's been a lot of talk about how my car is getting old. Too many jokes, I've been hearing about how so many people were surprised my car made it back through driving in Tahoe and the Mountains. It can't make it. I'm surprised it's still running. You still have that thing. So I got to thinking about many car, and I realized I would finally give it a name. Bessie. But the thing, seriously is that Bessie is a Beast!
Bessie has been kicking ass in America for 10 years. 10 Years. I've only had her for 8 years, but she's been the BOMB.
I mean, the things I've put my car through. The all night trips up and down the east coast. The Cross Country trip, my jaunts around California. The 95,000 miles we have travelled together.
Has she broken down a few times, well, yes... but she's been a hell of a lot better then the old Dodge Neon, and it's never been particularly painful or troublesome and much of that had to do with me and the way I drive. No, she pretty much always came through. And she may not be the prettiest, but she looks nice to me.
So, if this is Bessie's last year with me, I just wanted to give a shout out to her, because few cars I could've afforded could have taken the amount of abuse (I hate using that word) that I've inflicted and still be trucking. We'll see what the future brings, but for now I throw my lot in with Bessie, Bessie the Beast. So leave her alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you love Bessie so much please put her out of her misery.