23.5.10

I Don't Know About This. Life...

(Um, so this was going to be a list of random thoughts, you know like the old days, but well, I came up with one stupid rhyme and that led to another and another, and then I was trapped, and I was RAMBLING!
- So in essence, I dedicate this to me, to life, to no one in particular, and well, maybe everyone....)

"I Don't Know About This. Life..."

It's funny business being a human being,
Always trying to figure out what life's supposed to mean.

There's so many answers I'm supposed to work out on my own,
All these things I'm expected to know now that I'm grown!

Well maybe I'm not supposed to know what it's all supposed to mean,
Cause, I swear it can't be a good thing to nail down your life's theme.

And how are all my dreams supposed to figure into this part,
I wish I could tell if they were coming from my head or my heart.

And sometimes,

I think I'd rather be heartbroken then heartless,
Which makes a lot of sense if you feel like me.

And if you're you and you're wondering why I let myself feel that pain,
Know that I can't help, I need it, it helps me numb my brain.

It helps me hide my insecurities about the things I don't understand,
Like the part I'm supposed to play in the great scheme, in the plan, man.

And maybe that's a waste of time, but it's better for my mind.
Maybe everything is a waste of time, but thinking like that is the real crime.

And sometimes,

I don't think it helps me when you look me in the eye,
Cause our souls might connect, and I might start to cry.

Because your eyes are like a two way mirror,
Revealing to me all the hidden pain and all that fear.

Cause I don't know if I'm ever going to get my shit straight,
And I pray and I pray and I pray, that when I do it won't be too late.

I know, I don't want to be like you, but I don't want to be like me,
Do you think maybe you and I could find something in between?

No comments: