21.9.09

So Close to the Sun

When you’re so close to the sun and driving high,

You don’t see that the wheels are falling off.

So Long as you keep moving you feel free,


But you can’t fight mother Earth, for her

Bountiful Clouds drown out the sky.

And I can’t slow down and I can’t see,


I want to be lifted up, taken from here,

To dissolve into the atmosphere and take my last breathe.

Where possibilities are endless because there is nothing.


Yet my old friend the sun brings me back.

He hates being alone up in these mountains,

Washing over the same rocks day after day,


So I ask him the questions of just this day:

Can there be freedom bought from this hopelessness?

And can you find something without looking for it?


And in his light I find the questions. And in his warmth,

I feel love, and his gaze I find the pain. And in his

Endlessness I find an answer.

No comments: