22.1.09

And the Nominees are!

Hey Friends,

So check it out..... the Oscar Nominations are in...

http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/and-the-nominees-are/

If you don't know the list check it out before I go off here...

GOING OFF:

Now look, I love the Oscar's. I remember them vividly as a child. I remember them as vividly as I remember watching Entertainment Tonight. (I probably should take that back.)

Anyway, as I've gotten to take a close look at the Oscar Nominees this year, I've come to a few conclusions.

1. Miramax & The Weinstein Company still have it. They can still hustle and show off their movies to no end and get a hell of a lot of nominations.

2. Great scenes get you nominated as an actor, maybe not great movies though. (See above for how those films get nominated.)

3. The Oscars love giving all the technical awards to Blockbusters, but hate giving Blockbusters the Best Picture awards, unless it's an Epic. (You know the films I'm talking about.) I will not rant about The Dark Knight not being nominated. I will not. Best Cinematography, art direction, editing, makeup, sound editing... (I swear the minute Christopher Nolan makes a serious dramatic artsy fartsy movie for Miramax or the Weinstein Company, that is as good as The Dark Knight, he will win every fracking award there is... Everyone 1!)

4. WHAT I WILL RANT ABOUT is the mother^($&*$& Best Animated Film Category. Okay, look, I understand why it is there, but it seriously handicaps GREAT ANIMATED MOVIES that should be nominated for BEST PICTURE, like WALL-E. WALL-E is amazing!!!! A-MA-ZING!!! I mean seriously, GROUNDBREAKING, kind of like The Dark Knight (not ranting about it.) BUT LIKE "WHO DIDN'T LIKE! CRY! TEAR UP! BE AMAZED! at the movie. And hell it feels live action for long bits. Whatever. If voters can say to themselves, oh well WALL-E can get the BEST ANIMATED AWARD, I'm not going to vote for it for BEST PICTURE, they can, oh I'm just not going to say it, but you know what I'm thinking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Oscars are bull shit 90% of the time. I watch them (usually) but I hate them. It's like Hollywood makes movies for normal people and movies for Oscar voters... Your buddies the Weinsteins started that trend (I think). Whoever started that trend should be taken out back and beaten. Its SO bull shit. How about making GOOD movies for EVERYONE! WTF!

And that would be bad enough if not for my feeling that Oscar Voters are NOT normal people (they might be aliens). They only watch movies from October - December! Who does that?

My prediction: this year's Oscar telecast is the lowest rated ever!

P.S. - That was my Oscar rant, but I totally agree with your comments about Wall-E and Batman.