14.8.08

The East Coast Trip: Prologue

In September 2007, I took my annual mid-year trip, knowing that it would be the last trip that I would take out there without the restraints or burdens of adulthood. Not that I didn’t feel that weight bearing down, I just decided to shrug it off, throw it back.

This time around I was in the full throws of adulthood, at least it was everywhere and I couldn't avoid it. Babies, Toddlers, Reunions, Careers, everywhere I tell you. And also, I may be in some kind of maturing period for me, although that is really to be decided I suppose in the future, when I’m done with the period and can look back with some true understanding. Let’s just say that right now I’m considering a lot of things about life and what I believe and where I’m going, but I’m proud to say that I’m doing this without being TOO overly dramatic or having some sort of crisis (which one comes between quarter and mid life?).

In saying all of this, I am breaking up my trip into 4 legs.

1. Mom, Joe, & Jacob

2. Teal, the baby, My Dad, and Mike

3. The Andy Wright Experience

4. The Reunion

Hope you enjoy.

No comments: